Formerly known as Moneybookers, Skrill has remained one of the leading e-wallet solutions since its launch in 2001. There’s a rich history behind this provider, but probably the most interesting is the fact that Skrill was originally designed as a gambling payment method.
Although it’s branched out to cover other sectors, Skrill is a perfect gambling solution at its root. It’s the Official Global Payments Partner of Serie A squad AC Milan and is one of the industry’s most common gambling payment methods.
Skrill is available in 120 countries and accepts over 40 currencies.
This UK-based provider allows users to pay online, send and receive money. It also offers a rewards program where customers earn points on each transaction. Skrill complies with the PSD2 standard, which came into force in 2019. It leverages innovative online and mobile payments security technologies to allow customers safe and seamless access to their data. Thanks to its privacy-first approach, it allows a significant level of anonymity.
What we like about Skrill
- Widely supported at online gambling platforms worldwide
- Highly secure transactions
- Speedy deposits and withdrawals
- All-in-one payment solution
- Loyalty program with perks for different account levels
What could be improved by Skrill
While this payment solution is an attractive option, it charges relatively high fees – up to 5% on some transactions.
How to use Skrill as a payment method at an online casino
- Sign up to Skrill online or via the Play Store or App Store
- Visit your preferred Skrill online casino
- Select Skrill from the list of payment methods
- Enter your e-wallet credentials and make your deposit
This popular payment method enables a smooth gambling experience. It is a comprehensive banking solution through which you can deposit, withdraw and store funds to effectively manage your gambling activities. Skrill has significant fees, but on the bright side, these fees are only attached to transactions to and from your bank. Skrill casinos are usually charge-free.