It might seem an impossible task – getting money back from a casino – but if you choose carefully and play with a reputable, licensed operator chargebacks can be easy to request. However, for a successful refund, you need to know a number of nuances. Let’s start with a detailed answer to the question of what is a chargeback.
Chargeback is a general term meaning a refund to a customer. In particular, it is quite possible to return a payment in an online casino. Players can request this procedure directly from the virtual establishment operator, payment service providers or banks.
Sending and withdrawing money from online gambling sites is usually quick and easy. Virtual casinos are considering different ways to deposit, each with its own advantages. Losing money is one of the most frustrating circumstances that you can face in an online casino. Although gaming site operators are constantly improving the quality of their services, there are still situations when not everything goes according to plan. If you have lost funds unfairly, under certain circumstances such as technical outages for example, the money can be returned .
If the casino does not accept the complaint and provides evidence of its innocence, you will be denied a chargeback. In the case where the casino is at fault, however, you will receive a refund on the card or your chosen deposit method.
REFUND PROCESS IN AN ONLINE CASINO
Different gambling sites and bookmakers have different rules when requesting a chargeback. Therefore, it is important to check the terms of service on the website.
Customer Service To dispute a transaction, you must file a complaint with Customer Service. If you are not satisfied with the decision, your complaint may be taken to law enforcement to resolve the dispute.
So, to apply for a chargeback, you need to follow these steps:
- Claim a refund from an online casino.
- Find out your bank’s policy regarding chargeback requests, i.e. timing, application method, etc. Banks or credit card companies accept applications by mail, email, in person.
- Write a letter to your bank explaining in detail why you are disputing the payment and send it via your preferred method.
The bank will review your claim and determine if you are eligible for a refund.
ACCEPTABLE REASONS FOR A CHARGEBACK AT AN ONLINE CASINO
Here are the most likely reasons why a chargeback will be approved:
- The service was not provided. The site took your deposit but didn’t allow you to play any of the games or bet on sports.
- The games were fraudulent. Most legitimate gambling sites have third party auditors who monitor the games to make sure they are fair. You will be required to provide evidence that the game may have been unfair.
- You have not ordered a service. You have discovered payments in your account that you did not authorize. To prevent such claims, online casinos usually require identity verification upon registration, as well as agreement to the terms of service.
Banks and credit card companies will only approve refund requests for the stated reasons. If you’re just unhappy with losing money on gambling, a refund is unlikely.
ISSUES YOU MAY ENCOUNTER WHEN WITHDRAWING A GAMBLING PAYMENT
Many major gambling sites publish their blacklists of players. Therefore, you may have problems registering at other online casinos if you request an unreasonable chargeback.
If you are denied a refund because it was determined to be a fraudulent request, you may experience the following consequences:
- you may be prosecuted;
- your bank may freeze your entire account;
- the gambling site may block your account.
It is not always possible to withdraw your money from the casino. The reasons for this may be fraud or unauthorized debits from your account. You can also get your money back if the operator’s website or your account has been hacked.
You can get your money back within 45-50 days. Detailed information about the waiting time can be read in the terms and conditions available on the operator’s website.
The task of the client is to file a complaint. The online casino operator will consider the complaint and possibly return the money to the client’s card. However, the process itself requires analysis and assessment of the specific situation and the legitimacy of the chargeback.
If the casino ignores your complaint, provided you are right, the decision will automatically be made in your favor. The casino may have to pay an additional fee for non-response.